- "The Environment Day" was celeberated on 5th June,2015 by planting a young sappling at Paddukad by teachers and students of the department.
- As a part of "ERAYS" programme, the department organized a session named SPSS for Ist and IInd year P.G students on 9/6/2015,handled by Mr.Rajesh P, Asst Professor, GEC, Thrissur.
- Visit to Christ Villa on 4th Sep 2014 by 2014-17 B.Com Batch VCASS –sponsorship programme for School Students, 22 students from the nearby localities are selected and provided financial help.
- The department organized a talk on "Women Empowerment through Self Confidence" on 2nd September, 2014. The session was held by Dr. K G Jose,Director, Rajagiri Business School, Kakkanad.
- A talk on the topic "Concept of Life Insurance" was given by the resource person Mr. A G Raj and Mr. Joshy George, Manager, Bank and Micro Insurance, Life Insurance Corporation of India on 3rd September, 2014. The seminar covered the relevance and importance of life insurance in the life of a common man.
- On 4th September, 2014, the department conducted a "Career Guidance Programme" to give guidance for the students regarding various courses and opportunities for commerce graduates. Mr. Sudeep, Executive, Logic School of Management was the resource person for the seminar.
- To welcome the first year B.Com students, the department orgnized "Freshers' Day" on 18th September, 2014. The programme was enriched by 3rd and 2nd year B Com students with their variety entertainment programmes.
- Under the theme of "Cultural Togetherness" the department organized "Tourism Day" and celeberated on 16th Oct. 2014. Various programmes were being performed at the auditorium in connection with the day.
- A "Career Guidance" class to the B Com students was held on 23rd October, 2014 to make the students aware about various opportunities available in commerce. Mr. Mohammed Riyas, Consultant SMART Institute of Management was the resource person.
- Mr. Gireesh Kumar, Sharewealth Investments took a class on "Investment Management" for the final year B Com Students to give awareness about various investment opportunities, importance of share market in the present scenario, importance of savings and practical aspects of theories learnt in the class.
- An "Industrial Visit" was organized by the department for the 3rd semester B Com students on 19th November, 2014. The students visited "Ocean Polymers", Athani and its branches. The practical aspects of manufacturing a product was very vividly explained by the company officials and the students were highly benefitted. The students also understood the importance of the values like patience, concentration and punctuality required during the process of manufacturing. The faculty members were also accompanied the students for the visit.
Observation of important days
Participation in debates and discussions
Institutional and community visits
Involvement in club activities
Dr.Vasanthakumari P- PhD, PDF-Associate Professor, NSS College, Ottapalam
Smt. LaxmiBaiM- Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax
Smt. ReejaRaghavan - Supdt of Central Excise
Smt. TanujaNayar- Procurement Manager, Dept. of Treasury and Finance, Govt. of WA (Australia)
Smt. Sonija M S -Manager E&OS, LIC of India
Smt. Santhi S- , 1st girl in the district , 2nd in the state to get ACS