Faculty and students are actively engaged in various research activities in collaborations with Govt. and Non Government organisations ever since its inception in 1995.
Major research activities conducted in the department
* Social Audit of four Anganwadis in Tirunelli Panchayat, Wayanad for Planning Board, Govt. of Kerala (2013)
* Participatory Rural Appraisal for the preparation of Micro plan for the VanaSamrakshana Samiti (VSS) at Mukkali, Silent Valley for the Dept. of Forests, Govt. of Kerala (2012).
* Need Assessment Survey for Vimala Community Aid and Sponsorship Programme (2012)
* Need Assessment of Healthy City Project organized by Daya Hospital (2011)
* Participatory Rural Appraisal for the preparation of Micro plan for the VanaSamrakshana Samiti(VSS) at Kaprikad for the Dept. of Forests (Malayattoor Division), Govt. of Kerala (2010).
* Social audit of the NREGS Implementation in Porathussery Panchayath (2009)
* Kole Wetlands inThrissur- Livelihood Linkages and Trade offs in downstream flood Plains of River Basin- Orgnaised by Thrissur District Administration and CESS, Hyderabad (2009)
* Study on Street Vendors in Thrissur District orgnaised by SEWA (2008)
* Disability Assessment for L.P School, Kaiparmbu in association with Family counselling Centre,Vimala College
* SC status Survey at Kodakara Panchayath (2007)
* Situation analysis of Street children in Thrissur organized by CHILDLINE (2006)
* Study on Tsunami emergency Assistance Programme at Chavakkadu Municipality organized by Kerala State Fisheries Department (2006)
* Need Assessment Survey for CHILDLINE, Thrissur (2000)
* Socio economic Survey for Slum Service Society Thrissur (1997)
Thrissur-9, Kerala, India.
Ph : +91-487-2332080