The Department of Economics is one of the oldest Departments of Vimala College (Autonomous) Thrissur. Economics is truely all around us, present in almost every aspect of our lives. Studying the subject gives students a generalist understanding of the world we live in and its core workings. The process of rational decision making taught in economics is of great value irrespective of the career a person chooses. Established in 1967, the Department has an illustrious faculty and is renowned for its academic excellence.
Highlights of the department
- Seminars/Conferences/Workshops Organised by the department
- Seminars organized by the students of the department
- Planning Forum
- Open Forum
- Extension Lecturer Series
- Students achievements/ Paper Presentation / Participation in Seminar
- Research Projects
- Advanced learners classes/ Peer Teaching Classes
- Remedial coaching Classes
- UGC- Net Coaching Classes
- Environment Awareness Programmes ( Haritham)
- Outreach Programmes
- Value addition programmes (Exhibitions/talks for inculcating Gandhian values)
- ICT enabled learning process
- We envision the transformation of students in to socially responsible citizens
- Framing the students as empowered and humane
- Inculcating environment friendly attitude
- To promote a society based on love, freedom, liberty, justice, equality and fraternity
- To attain academic excellence
- Advancing Economic Knowledge and harnessing it to the society’s needs.
- To make the students think critically on economic issues confronting them in their daily lives, so that they can actively engage themselves in policy issues.