VIMALA COLLEGE STUDENTS UNION
Aim and Objective:
• To represent students and their concerns by providing good leadership
• To foster cordial relations among students, staff and management
• To promote healthy and responsible participation in extra curricular activities
• To instill in students the duties and rights of responsible citizens of India and comprehend the nuances of governance
• To uphold, implement and work for the ideals of the College in a befitting manner
Parliamentary model as per para 6.2.4 of the J.M. Lyngdoh Commission
Report and order passed by the Supreme Court of India in SLP No. 24295/ 2004.
• General Council : All students
• Executive Committee :
Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, General Secretary, University Union Councilors, Magazine Editor, Fine Arts Secretary and Sports Secretary
• Constitution of Electoral Council: 2 elected representatives from each class
• Electoral council elects the Executive committee members
• Sports Secretary is nominated by a committee composed of the Principal, HOD of Physical Education Department and Dean of Students
• Other elected members: UG representative, PG representative, Language secretaries (English, Malayalam and English)
• The Principal is the Ex-officio Treasurer and patron of the College Union.
Eligibility to contest election:
• Possess 80% attendance in the previous year (not applicable for the First year students)
• Should have cleared all internal and external examinations held till date
• Should not have had any disciplinary action taken against them inside or outside the campus
• Students are forbidden to contest in the Union election on the label of student organization
Vimala college has a vibrant students' union which is very energetic and dynamic when it comes to representing students interests. The student union council enhance the overall experience at Vimala College by promoting general welfare and concerns of the student body by providing new programs and initiatives for the students. Every union fashions it's own logo and motto once the elections are over and select a special theme for the years activities.
College Union 2021-2022
Chairperson - Hanie Fathima
Vice Chairperson - Devika KB
General Secretary - Jeona Joby
Joint Secretary - Ardra Babu
Fine Arts Secretary - Varsha Lakshmi M
Student Editor - Ann Maria John
UUC - Gladis P Juby
UUC - Niva Anand
General Captian - Dona Maria Tom
We envision the total transformation of the young women for their enrichment and of the society at large and the nation as a whole.
We dedicate ourselves to the mission of training women for their academic excellence, development of human skill and character formation based on the love of God and service to society and to the Nation.