Department of Sociology
- Unique Teaching Methodology
- Class Room Teaching
- Seminar Presentation
- Debate & Discussions
- Peer Group teaching
- Daily short presentation for the emerging concepts
- Weekly group discussion
- Remedial groups
- RUBRIC BASED EVALUATION
- RUBRIC FOR RESULT
- JOURNAL CLUB
- ADD-ONS &VALUE ADDITIONS
- STUDENT PARTICIPATION IN TEACHING –LEARNING PROCESS
- DOCUMENTARIES-VIDEO ETHNOGRAPHIES
- Case studied and
- Field experiences- Tribal Visit
Collaboration with other departments
- Inter- disciplinary activities
- Inter-disciplinary seminar
- Research Culture
- Research Policy ( Documents)
- Every year the staff and students of this department attend and present papers in the seminars both in the state and national level.
- Research forum
- Paper presentation by students in the KSS
- Paper presentation in seminars by different organization ( Documents)
- Expertise talk for research methods and quantitative techniques
- Field Visit
- Experimental learning by encouraging students to take up field work and conduct socio-economic survey in the neighborhood community.
- Collaboration with organizations like DIC, SSI etc.
- Staff exchange programme
- Post graduate students take classes for higher secondary students in the neighborhood.
- Community Services
- Encouraging students to visit community and do socio-economic mapping, Demographic survey.
- Identifying potential women and introduce self-employment programme.
- Introducing Women empowerment programmes to neighborhood.
- Day celebrations in the Community
- Donating Rs. 9000/-to CASP fund every year
- Student Oriented Activities
- Earn while learning
- Peer group learning
- Health co-operation from Alumnae
- Healthy PTA
- Helping poor and needy
- Remedial Coaching
- Value Education-Social & Gender Sensitivity, Respect to life, culture and race, Professional ethics, Research ethics etc.
- Remedial Coaching
- We provide remedial coaching and special teaching and counseling for weaker students
- We promote peer learning
- Proper monitoring of students progress
- We maintaining Healthy interaction with the parents for the academic performance of students.
- Mentoring and Tutoring
- Merit Day
Every year we celebrate merit day at department level. Prizes were also distributed for the students who secured highest marks, maximum attendance etc.
- Celebrations by the Department
Staff and students of the department celebrate Onam, Christmas, New Year and Teachers Day etc.
- Entrepreneurial Training
- Participation In KSS(Kerala Sociological Society)
Every Year Participation Annual Conference
Staff and Students Actively Participated in Paper presentation and Culturals
Since 2011 we have been awarded the Best department in Kerala
2014-15- Best PG Department in PG Level
2015- 16- Best UG Department in Kerala
2016- 17- First Runner-up in UG Level ( Photo)
2017-18- Best PG Department in PG Level ( Photo)
2018-19- Fist Runner-up in PG Level
2019-20- Best Department in PG Level ( Photo)
- STRONG AND SUPPORTIVE ALUMNAE-SAHAYATHRIKA
- Green Initiatives- Swatchtha Pahkhwada
- REMARKABLE PROGRESS IN STUDENT RESULT AND PROGRESSION