Aim and Objective:
• To represent students and their concerns by providing good leadership
• To foster cordial relations among students, staff and management
• To promote healthy and responsible participation in extra curricular activities
• To instill in students the duties and rights of responsible citizens of India and comprehend the nuances of governance
• To uphold, implement and work for the ideals of the College in a befitting manner
Parliamentary model as per para 6.2.4 of the J.M. Lyngdoh Commission
Report and order passed by the Supreme Court of India in SLP No. 24295/ 2004.
• General Council : All students
• Executive Committee :
Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, General Secretary, University Union Councilors, Magazine Editor, Fine Arts Secretary and Sports Secretary
• Constitution of Electoral Council: 2 elected representatives from each class
• Electoral council elects the Executive committee members
• Sports Secretary is nominated by a committee composed of the Principal, HOD of Physical Education Department and Dean of Students
• Other elected members: UG representative, PG representative, Language secretaries (English, Malayalam and English)
• The Principal is the Ex-officio Treasurer and patron of the College Union.
Eligibility to contest election:
• Possess 80% attendance in the previous year (not applicable for the First year students)
• Should have cleared all internal and external examinations held till date
• Should not have had any disciplinary action taken against them inside or outside the campus
• Students are forbidden to contest in the Union election on the label of student organization
College Union 2019-2020
(1)Alinta Joy -Chairperson
(2)Alina Ann Vijay - Vice Chairperson
(3)Ayana B -General Secretary
(4)Priya Pius -Joint Secretary
(5)Anupama Nair T - Fine Arts Secretary
(6)Sanjana S -Student Editor
(7)Asna A -UUC
(8)Aleena P Vince -UUC
(9)Sneha S -General Captian
Official College Union Inauguration and Oath Taking Ceremony on 25/08/19 at College Auditorium. The College Union members with chief guest Kerala chief VIP Adv. K Rajan.
Students' Union Activities
Vimala college has a vibrant students' union which is very energetic and dynamic when it comes to representing students interests. The student union council enhance the overall experience at Vimala College by promoting general welfare and concerns of the student body by providing new programs and initiatives for the students. Every union fashions it's own logo and motto once the elections are over and select a special theme for the years activities.
This year's union has picked 'satkriti' with the motto good thoughts and good actions. The logo depicts two hands which is helping each other and that inturn improves our mental state and health.
The kalamkari MMX1X Fine Arts Inauguration was held on 12/12/2019 by cine artist Mr. Sarjano Khalid. The event introduced the 4 kalamkari Groups followed by Kalamkari Fashion show.
Vimala College (autonomous) bags 99th position in NIRF Rankings 2020
India Today Rankings 2020 - Social work 22nd , Science 33rd, Commerce 34th, Arts 59th
Lend a Hand to Learn Online initiative